Finding Intelligent and Creative Solutions
The Law Firm of Bernard D'Orazio, P.C., is an established civil litigation and debt collection law firm located in New York City that represents clients in cases throughout the State of New York and in the federal courts.
Operating since 1991, our firm has extensive experience in a wide variety of civil litigation matters. We focus on representing businesses, banks, landlords, co-ops, condominium associations, and individuals in cases involving commercial and civil litigation, debt collection, and the enforcement of the rights of creditors.
Our practice includes representing clients in the following types of cases:
- Disputes related to contracts and real estate transactions;
- Collections of debts owed under loan agreements, retail installment contracts, secured transactions, negotiable instruments, promissory notes, for goods sold and delivered, and for services rendered;
- Judgment enforcements and post-judgment litigation;
- Actions for the collection of fees owed to law firms, accountants, and other professionals;
- Actions by employees to recover damages for breach of an employment contract or for unpaid wages, commissions, or bonuses;
- Actions to recover sales commissions and consulting fees;
- Representing creditors in Bankruptcy Court proceedings, including adversary proceedings seeking a determination of the dischargeability of debts and the defense of preference claims;
- Fraudulent conveyance actions and lawsuits to "pierce the corporate veil" and impose personal liability upon corporate insiders who have abused the corporate form;
- Defense of a wide variety of actions; and
- Trials and appeals in all state and federal courts in New York.
We strive to provide our clients with aggressive, resourceful, and intelligent representation in litigation. References from our clients are available on request.
For more information, please contact us to schedule an appointment or for a no-obligation review of your case.