Bernard D’Orazio & Associates, P.C., is an established New York City-based law firm focused on civil litigation, especially commercial debt collection and Judgment enforcement matters. Our practice extends to courts located throughout New York State and in the Federal courts. The firm is led by New York collections attorney Bernard D’Orazio, who has attained the status of rated AV® - Preeminent in Litigation and Collections by Martindale-Hubbell.
Operating since 1991, our law firm has vast experience representing corporations and other businesses, banks and other lenders, landlords, and various other creditors in cases involving commercial litigation, debt collection, and the enforcement of the rights of creditors. We assist attorneys and their clients located throughout the United States and in many foreign countries enforce and collect upon money Judgments.
Our New York collections lawyers represent clients in cases involving:
- Collections of debts owed under personal guaranties, loan agreements, negotiable instruments, promissory notes, for goods sold and delivered, and for services rendered by law firms, accountants, and other professionals;
- Judgment enforcement matters, including Judgments rendered in cases involving personal injury, commercial disputes, medical malpractice, construction and other industrial accidents, and premises liability claims;
- Post-judgment litigation and proceedings, including obtaining discovery from judgment debtors, banks, and other parties, motions and other applications seeking “turnover” or installment payment orders, receivership applications, wage garnishments, real and personal property executions, and contempt of court applications;
- Actions to set aside fraudulent conveyances of real property and fraudulent transfers of money and other personal property, actions to impose liability on parties based on “de facto merger” and other successor liability claims, and actions to "pierce the corporate veil" and impose personal liability upon company insiders who have mismanaged their businesses and abused the corporate form;
- Actions by employees to recover damages for breach of employment contracts or for unpaid wages, commissions, or bonuses;
- Disputes arising out of breaches of contract and real estate deals and transactions;
- Actions by independent contractors and others to recover unpaid sales commissions and consulting fees; and
- Trials and appeals in all state and federal courts in New York.
We provide our clients with aggressive, resourceful, intelligent representation.
Our New York collections lawyers typically accept debt collection and Judgment enforcement matters on a contingency fee basis (fee arrangements may vary depending on the nature of a particular case).
Our firm is a proud member of the Better Business Bureau®.
References are available on request. For more information, please contact our principal attorney, Bernard D’Orazio (email@example.com), for a no-obligation review of your case or further information.